tips on potty training girls

Asked by sanityseaker at 4:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Depends how old they are. My DD was 2 and a half or so and we made a huge deal out of it. She got to go to the store and pick out any big girl undies she wanted and pick her potty. Then we just put her in her undies and a shirt. Every hour or so I would take her to go sit on the potty to see if she had to go. We just made it really fun for her so she felt like it was a cool thing to go potty like a big girl. Only took me about a week to really get her to the point where I wasn't real worried a couple accidents but she was good.

Answer by Mudfishzgirl at 4:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My cousin was tired of buying diapers for her daugther. Can't remember what age, but she put some panties on her and made a few frequent trips to the potty. After a few mistakes, my lil cousin figured out what she was supposed to do. You don't have to be the brightest to know that you are tired of walking around in wet panties.

Answer by Queentdi at 11:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008