How soon after I have my baby can I work out?

I am 33 weeks and I am already to get on with the weight lose. I have only gained 17lbs, but I still had a little baby weight from my first baby. I am due Sept. 8th and I am in a wedding on Dec. 12, then in one on Jan. 23. I really want to get at least on the path of fitness for them. I already have my workout schedule ready.

When can I start working out to lose this weight?

also another question

I am going to Breast feed, can I tan in a tanning bed, if I BF? (may be a stupid ?)

lauraluann

Asked by lauraluann at 12:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you should at least waite one week to make sure everything healed, but once you start working out your body will pretty much tell you what it can handle  just don't over do it in the beginning, and you will also lose weight when you bf

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My OBGYN recommend waiting at least 6 weeks postpartum to resume any workout routine so you body can recover! And, yes, you can tan and breastfeed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It depends on how you delivered your baby. I know that if it is a C section you have to really be careful because you don't want any infections. I would suggest talking to your doctor and beginning your diet asap, making sure to be taking in enough calories if you are breast feeding.
    Dreambaby15

Answer by Dreambaby15 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Most OBGYNs will tell you to wait atleast until after your 6 week check up. That gives your body and your mind time to adjust and heal from having the baby. If you have had a c-section you should wait until after 8 weeks. Also, when you do start working out, take it slow. try not to focus so much on what you are eating, but more on strengthening your body. If you choose to BF you will want to eat simularly to how you ate during the pregnancy and drink lots of water. The best excersize that I found after having my kids was walking, and then gradualy working in more strenuous excersizes as I grew stronger. I know you probably heard it before, but , it took you nine months to put it on, it might take you nine months to take it off. Good Luck!!
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The rule of thumb is 6 weeks. You can cheat a little by going for low impact walks with your children, but remember that your body has a lot of recovery to do. Not only do you have to heal from the birth, but your uterus has to shrink back down AND your organs have to rest back where they belong. Give your body time to do it's work. Breast feeding will help shrink your uterus though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You are supposed to wait your doc gives you the ok at your six week checkup. If you do start before then, stop immediately if you start bleeding again. Don't push yourself mama. The weight will come back off. Give yourself time to heal before you start exercising.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I started 3 weeks pp after having my daughter in December. Bad me, I know but I had a super easy delivery--light years away from my first one! I was already in pretty decent shape though and I didn't push myself too hard. I worked out before I started having sex again :)
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 10:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009