Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you weren't married to the father of your kids and you leave him, If he files for a paternity test, can you deny it and just say they are some one elses? Or does he get the paternity test?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • He can get a court ordered paternity test.

    Answer by toriandgrace at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • They can still have you have your child do one. And why wouldn't you allow him a paternity test?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure he would still get the paternity test.

    Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • He's raised these kids this long, and now he questions if he is the father of them, which sends me the message that if they aren't really his he wants nothing more to do with them, but if they are he's willing to try for custody. I feel like since he agreed that they were his when they were born that it shouldn't matter. (Not that I cheated, they really are his)

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • He gets a paternity test and your kids aren't a toy or a weapon

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • I don't feel that my kids are a toy or a weapon. When he has been abusive and I feel like if I'm not there he would turn on the kids, and he even questioned that they were his for a second, what's he going to do to them??

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • If he is abusive, file for a restraining order. He is an ass to want proof that those are his children if they really are his and he raised them. Your children are the most important things you have to worry about. No court of law will put a child in danger. You have the rights here not him.

    Answer by Dreambaby15 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • It's about $500 EACH and he has to pay for it up front. Does he have that kind of money? Are you requesting child support from him? If so then he can probably get the court to require testing.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • okay well let me tell u this doesnt really matter if they are his or not if he signed the birthcrt and it comes back as not his unless he knows who their dad then he cant get his name off its gonna get complex.. there is some laws about this.. i mean if they are like 8 or 10 its not gonna matter PM if you want more info

    Answer by miss_nevin at 2:05 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • First if a court proves he is not the father because they weren't married he is not responsible for them. And if he is abusive why have you been with him this whole time letting him raise your children. Has he hurt the children? In cases where there is no marriage he has no legal rights to the children until you go to court. I have been here and done this. Let me tell you the police officer told me that my daughters father had no legal rights till we went to court even signing the BC. If he feels he is not the father the judge will order a test, and if they are his he will pay and pay child support. Most states side with mothers. Unless you are proven unfit he will never get custody, but he will get visitation unless you have police reports proving he has been abusive to you. Custody battles and paternity can get very stressful so get ready for it if he is having issues. It is expensive. Most mothers can get a prosecutor to hl

    Answer by suzyb1980 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.