Foreign troops patrolling your streets?

This is an eye opening story? Why do they really need to do this??
http://targetfreedom.typepad.com/targetfreedom/2009/06/femawebpagemartiallawforeigntroops.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you for posting this. I didn't know how to bring it up.

It MIGHT be just fine. But I REALLY do not like American citizens getting accustomed to the presence - and authority - of military from other countries.

I trust our American military - I KNOW how they are trained, how they seriously swear to uphold the Constitution and every year do a refresher study of the Constitution. So I know that our military men respect our citizens' rights in the Constitution.

I have no such trust in the military from other countries. And I am uncomfortable with Americans being primed to accept any orders from them.

Perhaps this will just be a great exercise in military cooperation and the foreign military will not interact with citizens directly.

You CafeMom ladies living in those states - let us know how it goes !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• and for you spelling nazi's sorry I spelled patroling wrong.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Care to provide a link to a real news story?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It links you right to the fema site.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• http://www.fema.gov/media/fact_sheets/nle09.shtm

That wasnt so hard to click right to the fema site but there ya go,
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Wait. I understand the fear of other countries taking over, but this is an exercise of a terrorist attack and the government response to it.
    We go to other countries in response to attacks on them. How is this any different? I mean, how is it we can go help out other countries in need, yet when we experience a need we get worried about how "dangerous" it is?
    I do NOT believe in one world government, but I do believe in helping one another in a time of need. If that is the case then of course it will need to be practiced.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• All this kind of planning does is make me think the government knows something we don't know, but they are disguising it as a "practice" drill!

I can see it now....

"Oh, that big green cloud....Don't worry.....that's not really a toxic chemical released by terrorists, that's just a really cool special effect we got from Hollywood....pretty realistic, huh?!"

I certainly hope i"m wrong, but nothign this administration does surprises me anymore.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The problem with this agency is that they have lost credibility. If FEMA is looking of ways to obtain funding creating confusion is not the way to go. What would it be alarming to have other countries military helping us. Our troops are abroad reinforcing national security.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Leave it to you all to find something nefarious about a friggin press release. Honestly. Go read a book or something. These conspiracy websites are starting to rot your brains.
    MissBearNMonkey

Answer by MissBearNMonkey at 8:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• These conspiracy websites are starting to rot your brains.

For something to rot it has to have been "alive!" At least mine isn't covered with cobwebs! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2009