Best Credit Card

Im a teen mom looking to move out but we (daughter, her father and I) need to build credit. Can anyone recommend a credit card company or type they think would benefit us. please and thank you

SRMKRWWDW

Asked by SRMKRWWDW at 12:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I like my Discover card, because I pay it off every month and get 5% cashback on certain purchases. BUT really you shouldn't get a credit card. You can build your credit up just by paying bills on time. If you do a quick google search you can find some great tips on how to build credit without a credit card.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• This is the !st poster. The only reason I say don't get a credit card is because I got myself into some serious trouble when I was younger, but maybe your more responsible than I was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yes I agree with anon, credit cards can get you into a hole before you even get a chance to built your credit
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My teenage son was able to get a computer loan at our credit union and then he paid it off quickly. That helped his credit. Then he got a credit union credit card, Target, and Amazon. He is now 21 and owns his car and we live in Tucson and he is buying a house with a swimming pool. Closing is the end of the month.

He hasn't passed his GED. It can be done.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The best one would be the ones with the lowest interest rate. Compare your offers and select the best one. As long as you remember to pay it off in full each month. Or at least have a plan of seriously paying it off within the few months you should be OK. Watch the due dates carefully and never wait too close to the due date to make a payment. I have seen them move the date up as much as a week just so they can slam a late fee on you so you have to watch everything.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• secured card from Bank of america its build to build ur credit.. thats how i got started with my credit..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You don't need a credit card to build credit.

Pay your utility bills on time and your will have great credit.

I hope that you will finish your education; you will probably need to take out student loans; be sure to pay these on time, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• check with your bank too. Many banks offer a visa/mastercard that is a credit card, but is also linked to your bank account as a over draft protection for your bank account. Building credit with your bank could help you with the home loan later. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I like my capital one credit card. I got it young and it has a 500$ limit. I would recommend getting a card with a low limit or else you will spend too much. I know from learning the hard way.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 9:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Oh Yes! Type this address into your browser and relax!

BadCreditDoctor.ws
    Patience654

Answer by Patience654 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009