Okay, this is just gross.

I have been burping a lot more since I've been pregnant (I'm 30 weeks), but it's never smelled foul before but for the past few days when I burp I swear it smells like something that should be coming out of my butt! LOL Anyone else have this problem during pregnancy? Is there anything I can do, obviously watch what I eat but anything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol that is super funny. I've heard about this and since I'm pregnant I know what weird things your body can do. I heard that good oral higene and tongue scraping helps because the bacteria in your months gets swallowed and can because nasty smelling in your stomache.
    Dreambaby15

Answer by Dreambaby15 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Lol yeah I've tried brushing my teeth even more than normal and using tons of mouth wash, plus i've always got gum or mints in my mouth, nothing helps! :( it's so disgusting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• What you are experiencing is severe haliotosis aka bad breath. Make sure that you are brushing and flossing daily. You can also purchase a tongue scraper that will remove bacterial buildup on your tongue. Bad breath is actually from the pit of the stomache so you are definately having some ph issues there. Good ole parsley will do the trick. I'd stay away from the breath "capsules" since I personally am not familiar with their usage during pregnancy. But basic good oral hygiene will help remedy most of the issues. Keep track of what you are eating as certain foods may have a different reaction. I'm due Oct. 3 and the heartburn is horrendous with a result of haliotosis as well.
    summerluvin_ca

Answer by summerluvin_ca at 12:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009