Carepackage Ideas For Deployed Hubby

DH is deployed and I was going to get together a package to send him. He is not in the middle of the desert in a tent, although he is the desert. He has electricity, internet and phone access, etc. But I still wanted to send him something especially since he deployed when DD was 2 months old and hasn't been here to see her "grow up" so far. I have(so far) a video game for his PSP, 2 DVDs, a couple magazines(hunting-not anything else lol), pictures of DD, snacks, and a pillow(per request lol). I feel like I should send more, but I don't know what, and everybody I've asked hasn't been any help either. So what do you ladies think? Any ideas would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have send mine some hand and food print from the kids which we made with finger paint and he loved it. Some soups, candy, hand sanitizer, allergy meds and some lil snacks and a cd with pics from the kids and me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• baby wipes!!! and energy powders to put in water
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 1:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Socks, can't have too many. Comfy clothes, Send him a CD with your guys favorite songs. Just pickup little things you see that remind you of him or things you think he would like.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 1:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• send him the pillow case off of his pillow from home or a familiar blanket, decks of cards, dices, and dominos are always good, singing cards, or take dd to build daddy a teddy bear with a voice box recorder inside of her voice. hope this helps
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• T-shirts, mine is always needing more T-shirts.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You could take a pillow case and fabric paint and put your daughter's hand prints on it. Any favorite snacks that travel well would be good.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Polymer neck cooling ties you soak in water and put around your neck and they keep you cool. Bath wash, lip balm, foot powder.

Rice Krispies Squares, Altoids, Jelly beans, gum, ziplock bags, playing cards, poker chips, dice, ink pens.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• When hubby was deployed i would go to the family dollar a buy tons of his favorite candy/snacks also deodarent, anthlete feet stuff, tons of baby wipes (sometimes they dont get a chance to shower) powder mix drinks, tons and tons of stuff to make the room smell nice (although that hardly ever worked) one or two romance books lol a small bottle of my perfume. u can buy tons of cheap movies on amazon.com. movies, games, book help pass the time, a special handwritten letter by u. some girls have put their underware in a ziploc bag and sent them to their hubby....kinda up to u. u can look up cake in a jar and make him some of these, they are easy to make and last pretty much forever. hope this help
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 1:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Dont send comfy clothes, they can't wear anything but their uniforms or pt clothes, tons of lip balm will help baby powder will help with sweating. if u can or have a video camera u can make a small dvd of u and the kids and he can play it on his computer. or a tape recorder with u and the kids talking to him. he will appreciate this very much. to hear ur voices and to see u, it gives them hope and some sanity!!!
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 1:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2009