Help!! 6 year old pooping pants

My dd has started pooping herself almost daily! She has never been fully potty trained no matter what we try, rewards or discipline. She doesnt even care what we take away from her!! It is like she has no attachment to anything.

Keemar

Asked by Keemar at 1:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• this is gross but try taking some of the poop and smidge it on her nose or under her nose just a smidge, I know this is gross but thats how my sis got her boy stop pooping his pants,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You could try making her clean out her panties herself. Put her into reg. panties and when/if she dirties herself have her clean herself and then rinse her panties in the toilet herself. It worked for our autistic son. It is no more dirty for her than for you! Make sure she washes her hands well after.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 8:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• just to make sure it is not a medical condition "encoprisis" i would take her to the dr.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Took her to the Dr. he is sending her to a pediatrician... we will see!
    Keemar

Answer by Keemar at 9:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My son was fully potty trained, but started having poop accidents when he started kindergarten. Took him to the doctor and she said he was probably just to excited and not paying attention to his body. Anyway, we added more fiber to his diet and have him sit on the potty 2 times a day. This has helped greatly and accidents are infrequent now. Good luck. I know it is so frustrating.
    crousehaus

Answer by crousehaus at 11:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009