Vaccinations

Has anyone had any complications with giving your child vaccinations?

AllisaMyJoy

Asked by AllisaMyJoy at 2:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have. We tried with 2 of my children, and both developed very high fevers. My oldest is now diagnosed Autism/PDD, and the change happened with his fever right after vaxxes. His doctor confirmed. My daughter is a little slower than most her age, but does very well. I never vaxxed again after that, and most likely won't. I encourage you to do your research before you vax mama. I would never tell you to do it, and I wouldn't tell you not to if you believed it was best.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My oldest got diarrhea and a fever with her 6 month shots, and my youngest got a fever, and had inconsolable crying fits. They're deemed by the medical community as "Normal vaccine reactions", and in essence they are, but they're NOT GOOD. They're reactions to the nasty chemicals in the vaccines.

I highly suggest doing as much research as you can. Dr Sear's has a book called "The Vaccine Book" and it's an unbiased account of vaccine studies. It's honest, and to the point, but doesn't sway one way or the other. Just leaves you to make your own decisions.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My daughter had a reaction to the flu vaccine at 9 months old. A rash that broke out all over her legs, scarring them and screaming that lasted for weeks. It was considered "normal" and "mild".
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My son has only had his two month vaccinations. So far, so good. I checked his temperature every 4 hours for the first two days after the appointment and his body temperature didn't raise at all. Before he got the shots, it was 97.6 or 97.7. For the first two days after, it was 97.7 the whole time. He didn't have any pain or anything in his legs. He was actually happier after than before. We'll have to see what happens at his next appointment in August.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My son developed pertussis from the vaccine. He has not been the same since.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have 3 boys and no problems from vacc. They got a slight fever with some of the vaccs., but nothing major. Getting them is totally up to you, but I recommend them. Although I don't recommend the flu shot. I never got it for them and then last year I decided that maybe I should and after they got the flu shot they were sick for a week. Never Again.
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 5:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• We used a delayed schedule and at 8 months old my son got his second dose of DTaP. He ended up with a 106 fever, febrile seizures, and unconscious for 2 days in the hospital and almost died. Our doctor then recommended waiting to get him any more until he was 3 years old and I started reading more and opted to not get him any more and not get his little sister any at all. This is a rare reaction, but it does happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Small low grade fevers, for all three of them. My son ( 8) has adhd not caused by vaccine btw. Its herditary. I have it and so does his father. My daughters are physically and mentally advanced and they were vaccinated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Autism is not caused by vaccines.

All three of my kids have been vaccinated and none of them had any reactions.

I had all of my shots, no reactions. My husband had all of his, no reactions. Neither did our siblings, our nieces nor our nephews.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My kids are all vaccinated and all are cognitively advanced for their ages. They do have some developmental delays, not related to vaccinations. One is on the spectrum, not related to vaccinations.

None had any reactions at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2009