Why is it so bad for teenager to fall prgnant????

Hi im a teen mum so i dont no any different and dont want too either..In my family all women are quite young having children and i just want to hear wat other women think bout this topic???

Angellwinggs

Asked by Angellwinggs at 3:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I believe that most teenage mothers lead to usage of welfare. Generally when a teen becomes pregnant and has a child they do not finish their education. How many teen mothers finish college and have careers? And how many teen mothers depend on either their parents or gov't aid to help raise a child? I would say the latter of the two is more common. BUT as long as it isn't my daughter coming home pregnant, I will not say anything more about it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i just feel that teenagers still have some growing up to do, its a proven fact that your frontal lobe doesnt fully develop until you're 20. it doesnt mean they cant be good mothers at all.

lets put it this way, i had my son at 20 and i feel i could be such a better mother if i was comfortable in my own skin, its hard to figure myself out when i have a son to take care of too, but i'm trying :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Honestly because they are to young and immature ( now not all teens are that immature but most are and cant take care of their baby). If you are younger than 16 you really cant find a job to take care of the baby so that means that your Mom and Dad have to pay for everything. Also if you haven't finished school than you cant find great paying jobs that actually pays you the money you need to take care of a baby. I dont think teens really know what to expect after having the baby. Now I was 16 when I had my first baby and it was not easy ( I did not try to have a baby like alot of teens out there) Also I was not married and raised my baby all by my self with no help not even from my Mom. Im not saying all teens are immature but the majority are. I had friends have babys and they let their Moms take care of the baby so they could party and go to school just like nothing ever happend.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• To the first anon on here I was 16 when I had my baby and I raised her all by my self. No help from mommy and daddy but I did receive help from the state to get on my feet. And no I did not finish school but I did go back and get my GED and finished 2 years of collage. So their are some teens that can pull it togetherwith a little help. And I am not on any state aid anymore! Not all teens are immature but some are mature enough to seek the help they need for their sake and their babys.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• im a teen mommy and i finished high school when i was 15 and finished 2 years of college in the process. Now I'm so ahead I dont know what to do, so even though pregnancy is slowing me down educationally im learning a lot about life

and oh...do not live off the state, have own private healthcare, and dont go to mommy for a damn dime
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• the difference between know an no.....enough said
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• first a teen doesn't fall pregnant. Teens don't have the educational background to financially support the babies that they have. Most teens never move out of their parent's house and most teens don't finish high school. That doesn't mean that all teens are that way, but it is very difficult for a teen to care for their children and themselves independently.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Several of my friends from high school had babies while we were in high school or were pregnant when we graduated. They did not have the same opportunities I did WHEN I did. I went straight to college and now, as I am established in a career 10 years later, they are starting to go to college. Their chances to go out and experience life without commitments was diminished because they were dedicated mothers.

I will encourage my daughter to abstain for religious reasons, and teach her about protection so that she can be young and free to explore what she wants out of life before she begins a family. I know lots of young mothers (including mine) who do a good job and lots of older, married mothers who seem to not enjoy it -- I am just glad I was able to travel and go to school before I settled down with a baby I love so much.
    MommaNoonoo

Answer by MommaNoonoo at 7:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• In addition to most of these answers, you just don't have the wisdom that comes with growing up to guide you into parenting when you're a teen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I know I would not have been ready to be a mother in my teens. I was waiting to fall in love, not fall pregnant. I had plans for collEge. I had the support of friends and family and decided to not have sex until I was older,in a committed relationship. In so many cases, the teen expects Momand Dad to take care of the baby and it really is not fair. I suppose in rare cases it turns out well but not often.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2009