Why can't people buy thier own SH$&!!!!!

I'm sorry but just because I have tools, supplies, chairs and tables why do my neighbors and even my brother continue to borrow my stuff? They can afford their HDTV and their trips to Vegas but here I am, a struggling single mom. If I want to bar-b-que, get this! I actually save up and go buy my own $25 bar-b-que! If I am having a big party for my son, I have the nerve to rent tables and chairs. If I want to make pancakes, yeah, I bought an electric mixer! Am I rude to just get tired of people borrowing MY things? My dad raised me to believe that if you can't afford it, you shouldn't have it. If you can't take care of it then don't have it or grow it. I have a lot of trees and I have my own whatever it is called, long extension branch cutter.Once the neighbors see this! They ask to borrow it every year and I don't have the nerve to say no! Why don't ppl buy there own shit!????

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• because its easier and less affordable to borrow. I don't know we buy everything ourselves, that way if something broke or whatever it's ours not someone else's to replace
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• They borrow your things because they know you will not say no. When you start saying no they will stop asking. Try this and see if this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would start going to their place to borrow this or that. Maybe they will think twice before they start knocking on your door looking to borrow and if it continues and you don't have the heart to say no to them at least you can feel better knowing that they will borrow things to you when you are in need.

I do agree with you, though. I don't borrow anything from anyone. If I can't afford it I don't buy it. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Just don't borrow their condoms...if they are recycled just say no!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Awww, If I say no to the nice neighbor who brings my mom tomatoes then I will look like a biotch! My brother is the worst! He thinks that because everyone goes to swim at his MIL house (including me and my son) we should take our patio furniture there. Hell no! EVERYTIME I go to that house I take a good $20-30 worth of food. OMG! I am venting tonight! I am usually fun?
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Does this nice neighor borrow you things the way you were talkig about in your question? Forget the tomatoes and just tell them no. Tomatoes are not worth dealing with neighors that bum all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Tell them no! Keep telling them no until they understand that you mean it.
    My family was the same way. Always barrowing my stuff but they never returned it. I didn't have the heart to say no. But when they started taking my stuff when I wasn't home. I started screaming NO.
    I totally believe in buying your own stuff. If you can't afford it, then you don't need it.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lighthouse98 I haven't seen you in a long time! where have you been?
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• start making ppl pay!!! If they want to rent your items for their use, they gotta pay 4 it. That way it can go towards things you will need in the future and you don't have to say no.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I say start renting them the items they want to borrow.Hell make it into a business.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 9:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009