To Mommies of baby girls...

I have a 5 month old daughter who doesn't have much hair. I was wondering what kinds hair accessories I can use. I've put headbands on her, but they leave a mark around her head. Anyone know of anything cute that will work for my lil baldy??

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 3:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LIttle tiny bows - you can make them out of skinny ribbon. Then use a dab of KY Jelly to hold it in place. The KY dries and acts just like glue but washes out quickly and easily in the bath. That's what the hospital did for the baby girls... it looked cute and was super easy to do.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I honestly don't know hun - I just use headbands with my daughter, GL with your answers I would like to see other options as well
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I used headbands for mine.... I went for the loose ones that are in the baby section of wal mart.
    Also, they do have velcro clips, but I was unsuccesful in finding them. I tried the clips with my dd and they always fell out (like the baby ones). I did have the tight headbands and just put it on her for an hour at a time, they weren't so bad then.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My DD is 14 months old and she has just a comb over and thats it i can't find anything to put in her hair(comb over) then if your child is anything like mine, she will not keep a hat on her head. So i am wondering when we get enough hair to put something in her head if she will keep it in. Wish you lots of luck like my mother tells me she will have so much hair one day your gonna wish you never bitched about it : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i just use headbands and move them alot so they dont leave indentations. My mom said that when I was little though, she would use bows and scotch tape them to my hair. I havent tried it but maybe? good luck!
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 4:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Why do you even have to put anything in her hair? I can see for pictures or something special like that, but I never put anything in my daughter's hair because I don't see the need for it. At 2 years old she is finally getting enough that it is falling in her face so I use little clips to keep her bangs back, but other then that she has had nothing in her hair. As for leaving them in at first she would pull them right out, but once I showed her that it kept her hair out of her face she actually brings them to me when they fall out and wants them in.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• LOL my MIL law said she'd dab a bit of karo syrup on her DD"s head, then stick a little bow on it!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i can't understand the fascination with headbands on babies, especially if it is for something more than a picture? most people i know, myself included, get headaches from wearing headbands. can you imagine what baby might be feeling? and if it is leaving an indent in her head, that is NOT good. that means circulation is most likely being cut off and pressure is being put on her skull. why would you want to do that to your little one? aren't there other ways to show she is a girl and dress her up? please don't take this as an attack, just wondering why...
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My friend used to buy pretty bandana's for her bald lil girl. I know it sounds weird, but they looked so cute on her! She would find all kinds of pretty ones at different stores, and luckily her daughter left them on all day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• man I hate those headbands. It's so curel to put those on their heads and it always leaves a mark. I didn't use anything, but when I was little my mom put veltro bows in my hair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009