My four month old is teething and at the beginning it wasn't so bad. I have tried everything, but nothing will work longer than five minutes. Any suggestions?

4month old Teething

Asked by Sweetpea22808 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried baby tylenol or baby ibuprophen? They should last several hours. Teething tablets help too - they help calm the baby down so the pain doesn't bother them as much.

I know he's still very little but as he gets older, he'll figure out that chewing on things feels good and he'll be able to find and hold those things himself. Make sure you have a good variety of chewing toys - soft rubbery ones, hard wooden ones, cloth ones, cold ones, vibrating ones, etc.

The first couple of teeth are bad because it's the first time they've felt this type of pain. For most (not all babies) it gets easier after that until the first year molars arrive sometime around the first birthday and then the second molars are the second birthday. After that, you're done until they start to lose teeth in kindergarten or 1st grade.

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Teething tablets! They were a life saver. You can get them in the baby isle of most grocery/drug stores. They are homeopathic and just a few melt on the baby's tongue. Within just a few minutes they feel relief, then I give them Tylenol to continue the pain relief.

Answer by elwalters77 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My 6 month old cut 5 teeth in a one month period so far! What I do for her is usually give her bottles cold, I also chill her food, since she is on solids now. It seems to help a bit. And then of course, tylenol. Good luck.

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My daughter is 6 months and when she gets very fussy from teething I put a teething ring in the fridge for about a half hour and let her chew on that.. seems to help. And at times I also use tylenol and baby oral gel.

Answer by Tams_jade at 8:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Teething tablets! They work wonders!

Answer by ProudmomiOf2 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• hi-land teething tabs, baltic amber necklace (make sure its real) and try giving frozen fruits in a feeding bag! or a cold washcloth! hth

Answer by shetibo at 3:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2008