I think my husband said it well when it comes to the economy, don't you?

The economy is a shit sandwich and in order for it to go away everyone will have to take a bite.

Meaning it is not good for any of us, but we have to suck it up and make it better.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 5:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, I took my bite when the housing market fell and I took a whopper of one when the stock market tanked out.

Now I just wish our politicians would quit heaping on more giant scoops of shit. Cause I can't take much more.

If times are so tough, STOP SPENDING OUR MONEY.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like something Martha Stewart  SAID!!! And for that I no longer buy products with her or her subsidiaries name on it! Instead of a "sh!t sandwich" (Obama being the sh!t LOL), for many it's like eating a piece of "Humble Pie."

"Sucking it up" when you have PLENTY of disposable income, just shows how out of touch people really are/can be!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think that some of us have been chewing on this hypothetical "shit sandwich" for long enough. I mean, come on, what is it?? A foot long or something??

If you have money and just have to cut back-then you aren't feeling the pain right now. If you are a family that has worked many years, buying a home, putting kids in college, and you loose that job-where are you suppose to turn?? Especially when other factories of the same industry aren't hiring and are laying off themselves?

When you work HARD for what you have and start to lose it all-I wouldn't say that it is simply taking a bit of a shit sandwich. Not at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yeah, I have to agree with the other posters. We've been eating that lovely sandwich for a Looonnngggg time now, and are way full of it. How much longer do we have to eat it for? We are hanging on by our nails now...literally. And it is so unfair, not only to us but to all of the hard working americans out there who are now losing everything they've busted their asses for.

Seriously, when will it all end?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I don't have to take a bite of something I see as bad for me. I think I can help change it without having to take my bite. I have cleaned up a lot of poo in my time and never got any of it on me much less in me. (I cleaned up behind 13 horses and 2000 hogs. I have seen my share of poo!) If you want to take a big bite, go ahead. We all deal with messes in our own way.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• tell that to all the people around me and all over the country who are losing everything they have.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The economy is not a shit sandwich, Kobe beef is still being flown into the WH on Wednesday nights and The Beast still has gas. D.C. and the federal government is hiring!!
    If you want to swallow some more poop from the Azzhole in charge go right ahead, I'm doing everything I can to get those dummocrats OUT OF OFFICE 2010 and 2012. Silent no more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• What should we do when the person running the "deli" keeps adding onto the "shit sandwich"?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If the current political machine keeps on, "Shit Sandwich" is all we are ever going to get to eat for the rest of our natural-born lives!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• To answer your assumptions, I don't have a lot of money. I have been looking for a job for close to a year and we live paycheck to paycheck on my husbands job.

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009