Moms going back to school GRANTS

Does anyone know any good grants from moms going back to school? I want to be a Kiderg. teacher and since I am currently a stay at home mom I think now is the time to take the courses that I need to become a teacher. I can NOT afford to go back to school if I don't have a grant to do so.

determind

Asked by determind at 7:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in

• I am curisous to see the responces here too. I am in the same postion as OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was just approved for a $5300 Pell grant by filling out the FAFSA application. I don't know of any other grants though. You could check with the financial aid office at the school you want to attend. If you know of any, I would be intereseted too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The only grants I receive are the ones provided to me when I fill out my financial aid information at the FAFSA website, which is where all college students will begin for their educational financial needs.
    I am sure there are grant programs out there for specific minorities and such, but you may need to do a Google search or speak to the financial aid department at your college to see what they recommend.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• your financial aid office will be able to help you with all your grant related questions. i got a pell grant also. it was enough to cover my tuition, textbooks, and supplies. the financial aid office can help you fill out the FAFSA application & can also provide a list of websites where you can apply for scholarships online. many of the scholarships require essay writing and are awarded to a limited amount of students, and many seem like insignificant amounts, but anything helps, right? good luck!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• www.fastweb.com has many scholarships

the financial aid office of the community college or university that you are attending will have lots of great information for you.

If you are in Illinois, definitely check out the Golden Apple Foundation: www.goldenapple.org

Answer by rkoloms at 7:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I got Around $5300 for the Pell grant also. If u don't want to get a loan then check out scholarships. fastweb.com has some good ones and scholarships.com also has a nice amount also. You'll have to write some essays for the scholarships and if u happen to find some grants that u qualify for then you'll have to write a grant proposal or just a professional sounding letter stating your intentions for the money if u're chosen as a recipient.
    veronica36862

Answer by veronica36862 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• There is actually an grant specifically for those becoming teachers. Also if you already have your associates degree there are some scholarships that help you further your education. Try the collegeboard website they have a free scholarship search engine.
    sylviareshelle

Answer by sylviareshelle at 1:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2009