sippy cup

at what age should you take it away? my dd just turned 3 & i think she's too big for a sippy....opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• DS had his sippy cup until I finally took them away right before his 3rd birthday. He knew how to drink from a regular cup and how to drink from a straw. He just refused to do so if the sippy was around. So I prepared him for a few days telling him that that he was a big boy now and the sippys were going to go away to baby's who needed them. Then I just took them and didn't look back. DD may not like it for a day or so but she will be fine.

Good Lucki!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My DD was done with sippies a few months after her second b-day.
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 9:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Ours went from a sippy cup to a straw cup at one year.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my dd was 2 had lots of messes but i didnt want her to be like my cousin kids 5 and still useing a sippy b/c he refuses to drink form a regular cup
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If you think its time then its time.....get one of the playtex straw cups and let her decorate it or put pictures of her favorite characters in it,she will forget all about her old sippy cups!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009