How old were YOU when you first rode a bike without training wheels?

I was 8.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 9:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think I was six or so. My Dad tried to teach me but I got too upset when he'd let go of the bike so I had to teach myself by gliding down a slight incline in my Grandparent's driveway. My nephew just learned to ride his and he is 5. He was going to bring his bike over to my Grandparent's house to ride while my Dad helped clean out the house and I said "Hey I learned to ride in that drive way." and my Dad said "So did I." We both learned in the same driveway, I thought that was neat :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think I was 6 or 7 years old. I LOVED bike riding! My younger daughter is 6 and has been riding without training wheels since she was 5. My older daughter is 8 and still can't do it. I feel so sorry for her, but she is terribly uncoordinated and quite fearful too.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was 8. I wasn't allowed to do anything when I was a kid because I grew up without health insurance. I did learn to roller skate and ride my bike. My poor sister is almost 28 and can't ride a bike still. My DD1 just learned and she's 9.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was 4...my dad was determined to get me on 2 wheels and he did...it was a really small strawberry shortcake bike...ha ha...I remember it like it was yesterday too. He pushed me for a second and I was yellling for like 20 seconds to slow down...he didn't and I turned to look and he was like half a block down and then I fell...ha ha ha...I will never forget that day. I was so mad at him thinking he was sooo mean but I learned how to ride a bike on 2 wheels.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 12:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009