Do you believe that MJ 1984 accident caused his addiction to pain killers?

The accident brought serious injuries to the star including the need of re-constructive surgery adding to the health problems that the pop star already had. Could it be that the plastic surgeries were done to repair the burn scars?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/15/michael-jacksons-head-on_n_233449.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• That fire was horrific. It think it probably was the start of his addiction. Burns are extremely painful. I don't know about the surgeries being a result of the burns but I am sure that the pain killers needed post op didn't help matters when it came to his addiction.

People are quick to think that an addiction to pain killers is the behavior of degenerates but a lot of times it is the result of serious pain. My MIL had many surgeries and she had cancer twice. She had a double mastectomy, reconstructive surgery, and two knee replacements. She is a very good and honest person but she ended up with a dependency and it was very hard for her to kick it. With a lot of hard work and resolve she managed to get off the pills, but not everyone manages.

I try not to judge people with medical conditions for seeking relief in whatever means is available.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• More than likely yes. My grandmother fell on a floor heater and had 3rd degree burns over most of her body. She was in so much pain that she couldn't feel it. Once the feeling started coming back, she was in such a tremendous amount of pain.
    Burn victims use painkillers and sometimes they do get addicted to them just like anyone else who may use them.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• IT does just take one thing to start you on a bad track. And also the stress of being accused of Child molestation would kill anyone.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009