THOUGHTS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDyCotYepp0

Asked by older at 9:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Good morning, Older. I'm not gonna comment,cause you and both know how the other feels about this,and we get along so well,I'm not gonna ruin that. Just wanted to say I hope you have a great day. As for me,I'm tired,after my son's wedding Sunday,but we all had a great time,and I have a beautiful new daughter in law,whom I love so much! I came home sick with a stomach bug, but am better now. Well, take care, and I'll talk to you later.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i never thought their was anything wrong with gays etc. in the first place. ppl like tojudge and use religion as their scape goat
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• STYMEN, YOUR VIEWS BEING DIFFERENT FROM MINE WOULD NEVER RUIN HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU. SO GLAD TO HEAR THE WEDDING WAS A SUCCESS!!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER! YOU ARE AN AWESOME LADY!

Answer by older at 10:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Thanks, Older,and you know I think you are an awesome lady as well,and your daughter is so lucky to have you on her side!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I don't think being gay has anything to do with religion. If some one is homosexual that's their business, why do people care so much. Everyone has to live their own lives and stop poking their noses in other peoples business.

If you don't like gays, then don't be one!
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Well, I think the OP already knows how I have no problem with Homosexuals :-) They are people with civil rights just like anyone else.

However, I disagree with the Matthew interpretation. As far as I am aware, there IS no actual Greek word for Homosexual unless someone, when interpreting it into English, places "homosexual" into the definition themselves. IMHO, Jesus was referring to actual Eunuchs. People who served royalty and could be trusted to be around female royalty because they had voluntarily removed their genitalia.  Perhaps he was referring to people who would serve God our king but would never marry or want to get married and that this is OK (Paul explains why he is not married and does not desire to be in I Corinthians 7 and how this is also OK). (cont)

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The word directly translated as Greek for "homosexual" in most modern translations, is found in 1 Corinthians 6:9 is "arsenokoitai" which we accept means "homosexual" but was unique to Pauls' writings so we don't really know. It was never used in any literature prior to I Cor 6:9. There is very good argument as to why this is a huge mistake in translation. At best when comparing it to other words, it translates as "male prostitues" (which served both men and women), most likely referring to denouncing the activity of temple prostitutes, common in Hellenistic times. Some translations come very close to getting it right and some are way off.

I think the major message here should be acceptance of others. I don't think twisting Jesus' words is going to win anyone over.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I don't think twisting Jesus' words is going to win anyone over. I SEE IT AS INDIVIDUAL INTERPRETATION, NOT EXACTLY TWISTING IT.

Answer by older at 10:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Every true Christian knows what the bible says about homosexuality. Those in rebellion to it will always twist the scriptures to satisfiy and justify their sin. The bible requires people to conform to it. It transforms them. Some do not want to change their sinful nature and will make excuses. How sad..the bible also speaks of this behavior in the last day.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• PTOMOM, IT SURE TRANSFORM THEM, NOT NECESSARILY IN A GOOD WAY, YOU ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE.

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009