getting pregnant while on the pill?

I missed a few pills earlier in the month when i went away for the weekend and forgot them. But i wondered if i was to get pregnant on the pill how would i know. I mean i wouldn't know for a while and in the mean time i will still be taking my pill. I'm just confused to know what would happen and how i would know and if it would cause me to lose the baby. Please if any one has gotten pregnant on the pill help me thanks.. i'm sure i am not pregnant but you never know.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• I got pregnant on the pill. I didn't have my period the week that I was supposed to so I took a HPT which showed positive. I stopped taking the pills, and went to the OB/GYN. I had a beautifu, healthy baby girl so the pills that I did take had no effect on her. In a situation like yours, I have stopped taking my pills for the month and just got back on when I started my period again. Good luck! :-)
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 10:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i did too with my 3rd and no problems resulted. the pill is such a low dose now the progesterone related birth defects are almost impossible while on the pill.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my friend got preg on the pill and she took it everyday her mom was the same way she was on bc and she wound up with four kids befor getting fixed. my ss mom claims to be like that to but after talking to i believe she didnt give the bc enough time to work
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:05 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• THAT HAPPEN TO ME WITH MY 2ND CHILD AND ALSO I GOT PREGANT WITH MY THREE AFTER HAVE SEX HAVING A PERIOD ANDIN FEBUARY 1989
    monalisa66

Answer by monalisa66 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I got PG while on the pill more then one time,,my kids all turned out just fine...
    justamom528

Answer by justamom528 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I got pregnant with my son while on the depo shot, two years later, I got pregnant with my daughter on the pill. Neither of my children had any problems, nor did I have any problems during my pregnancy. I now have a Mirena IUD and thankfully have not gotten pregnant on it.
    TSherrod

Answer by TSherrod at 1:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009