Anyone gotten pregnant after having a tubal ligation?

I had my tubes tied 5 years ago after my son was born and now I think i might be pregnant Im nearly a month late on my period and before I go get a test i was wondering if this is even possible or if there is something else that could be wrong with me?

elananme

Asked by elananme at 10:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• I have my tubes tied to, I know it is posibale i have heard of women have babys affter they get there tubes tied. could be something eles wrong.. My hubby was fixed, and along came my 3rd, so if it can happen when man gets fixed .. i can see it happen with women... i would talk to your doc. when it comes to certun things dont wan to wait to long.. good luck
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 10:05 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I've given two women with BTL's a positive pregnancy test report in 17 yrs of medical field work. one was a tubal pregnancy that was removed by surgical means and i can't remember what happened with the other.
    it's possible, not all tubes are cut and tied. some are just cut and some are just tied.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's possible, but unlikely. 3.5 years after my tubal I was pregnant, but had a very early m/c. I'd test if I were you, as your chance of ectopic pregnancy is much higher.
    Cymbeline

Answer by Cymbeline at 10:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lol...thats how my geat aunt ended up with my cousin...she had her tubes cut and 3 yrs later she was preg she was mad in a way b/c she was fixed b/c they couldnt affor more kids
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I had my tubes tied 14 years ago, thankfully I never had any problems. It is possible to get pregnant after a tubal, but it is more likely it would be a tubal pregnancy. Take a home test, if it is positive go to the dr asap.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yes, it's possible. But the pregnancy is far more likely to be a tubal pregnancy than a regular one. Go see your doctor. Tubal pregnancies are life threatening.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I had my third child in Feb. and my tubal in April. I went to the doctor in late July because I thought I was having thiroid problems. Well Im 2 months pregnant! Im very upset becase I only wanted 3 babies. Im only 21 and had several complacations with my last baby that are showing up early now.
    littlemommaof3

Answer by littlemommaof3 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009