Has anyone been to Reno, NV?

My husband job is relocating there and I just would like some feed back from the Cafemom family.

LadyV678

Asked by LadyV678 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Travel

• I actually lived just outside of Reno in Carson City about... wow! ... it's been 10 years since we moved to Arizona. I really liked Reno! The area is absolutely beautiful with all of the surrounding mountains. The winters can get a bit harsh and it's very windy there, but if you're a snowbunny type you'll love it. There are a lot of outdoor activities to partake in and the community as a whole is awake 24/7 due to the gaming environment. The city itself is very easy to navigate through since nearly every street runs either north to south or east to west, and McCarren Blvd encircles the entire town.

Get used to seeing slot machines EVERYWHERE! They're at grocery stores, restaurants, the airport, etc. And don't drink the water in Virginia City if you go there. It's rather toxic from all the silver mining.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 10:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I LOVE the Reno area, my hubby and I (and baby) are looking to move there at some point, we've both interviewed with different companies several times in the past few years just have not been lucky enough to get the jobs.

What we love about it, is the mountains and yes while the winters are cold, the city itself doesn't get a ton of snow (USUALLY there are exceptions), but you can drive to the snow and in the spring/summer/fall there are several lakes in the area, and even though Reno does have a lot of gambling it's actually a very family friendly city. Out east of town (towards Sparks) is a neat family fun center where you can easily spend a day (or two) with water sports, picnic areas, games, etc.... If you need a realtor, we've made friends with a fantastic lady! Who also happens to have elementary aged kids who I could put you in touch with, just send me a message here and I can get you her info.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2009