Implantation bleeding? (A pregnancy test question) PIOC

Does implantation bleeding or spotting mean that you are far enough along for a positive on a pregnancy test if you are pregnant?

I had some spotting last Thursday and Friday, then it stopped. I was due for my period around Sunday or Monday and I still don't have it. I took a test but the result was negative. I felt disappointed even though we are not really trying. I still can't shake the feeling that I am pregnant since I still haven't gotten my period.

So the question: If the spotting I had WAS implantation bleeding, I'd have gotten a positive result by now right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No you are suppose to wait and take a test 5 days before your missed period or the day after you missed just because you had implantation if thats what you had there is not enough hcg levels to detect it yet
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i got a test, came home from store was spotting, instincts said take it anyway, it was positive, the ssame day i went in and doc said implantation bleeding, saw a 2nd then 3rd doc both 2 and 3 said placenta previa, 1st doc was wrong,

wait a few days take test again
    if your doc says implantation bleed and it does not seem right to you, seek another opinion...........extremely glad i did, could easily have lost mt DD if i listened to first doc
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• What color was the blood?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The blood was reddish brown for the first day, then pink the last time I saw it. I've had nothing but an increase in secretions since then (sorry TMI!).
    Anonymous