If your son wanted to play baseball but you couldn't afford?

Wouldn't you cut out fast food and parks that you had to pay for instead of whining about it on Cafemom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes i would cut back on fast food for my kids to play ball. Then ask around for ball pants, and cleates some pepl. just give that stuff away..
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 10:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• DEFINATELY !!! If my kid wanted to play a sport and we couldnt afford it because of things we dont 'NEED' than id def just cut that crap out so my babes can play !! their wants are more important than mine !!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• DEFENITELY!!!!

Answer by older at 11:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yes. I would do whatever I needed so my son could play sports. Then again, I have family that would pay for his sports and equipment because all kids should have the opportunity to be in sports and other activities. As a matter of fact, my best friend and her husband outfitted my son for baseball as a birthday present a few years ago. Bat, glove, bad, shoes. They spent over $200 because they knew I didn't really have the money to do so. Another friend just paid for my son's fall baseball league and will get him his pants and shoes because I am not working and it's not an option for him to not play. Baseball is something my son enjoys and other enjoy watching him. He is also ADHD and the doc "prescribed" baseball as a form of learning to get along with kids his own age. Some place, like YMCA offer scholarships for families that can't afford the full cost of sports. There are lots of options so kids can play sports.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• tyfry7496 -- same here w/ the family ... last time Harmonis g'ma was in town i said i want her to take dancing bc we couldnt afford for me to take it , and it hurt seeing all my friends do it and how bad i wanted to , and how good i KNEW i was ... anyhoo ... she cut me off and said she already has money put away for her to start @ 3! ... i was like hmm ok , we dont even know what state we'll be in in 3 years ! LOL
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2009