part three By Ron Paul

The frightening aspect of all this is that cutting costs, which they will inevitably do, could very well mean denying vital services. And since participation will be mandatory, no legal alternatives will be available.

The government will be paying the bills, forcing doctors and hospitals to dance more and more to the government’s tune. Having to subject our health to this bureaucratic insanity and mismanagement is possibly the biggest danger we face. The great irony is that in turning the good of healthcare into a right, your life and liberty are put in jeopardy.

Instead of further removing healthcare from the market, we should return to a true free market in healthcare, one that empowers individuals, not bureaucrats, with control of healthcare dollars. My bill HR 1495 the Comprehensive Healthcare Reform Act provides tax credits and medical savings accounts designed to do just that.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm all for the people to think for themselves!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i agree
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• They should stop this nonsense of trying to nationalize health care and insurance, and really DO something about the mess the insurance companies have made. People should immediately stop having medical insurance payments taken out of their paychecks, After all, even if you go to the doctor frequently, does it actually cost your family as much as you are paying out in insurance? (Not to mention your employer is paying the same amount, so double that.) Now if you pay $250/month insurance, and your employer pays $250/month, do you actually use $500/month in health care? People will still be able to purchase "Catastrophic health care," for coverage in case of things like heart attack, stroke, car accidents, things like that, but right now people are having to pay extra for that kind of coverage. If they have the extra $ in their weekly paycheck they can pay the doctor themselves at LESS expense.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• His own party treats him like a loon, why should I treat him differently?
    Anonymous

• Well, his own party AND the other party are cutting deals with each other to ruin America and divide up the spoils with their supporters. ( See: stimulus bills and bailouts / gov't take-overs of finances, housing and car manufacturing )

If people like that are Ron Paul's enemies, I think that is a stellar commendation which gives me MORE respect for him.

Very few citizens are educated about the Constitution anymore - even fewer politicians appear to respect it.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Well, his own party AND the other party are cutting deals with each other to ruin America and divide up the spoils with their supporters. ( See: stimulus bills and bailouts / gov't take-overs of finances, housing and car manufacturing ) If people like that are Ron Paul's enemies, I think that is a stellar commendation which gives me MORE respect for him.

My only real problem with him is WHY is he still a republican? If they don't respect him or what he stands for and "they are BOTH ruining " America...Why is he still one of "them"?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009