My 16 mo. old with chest congestion and fever

I know we are recommended by the pedritrician to turn on the hot shower and sit on the toilett seat to let the child inhale the steam/vapors, but what if they have a fever. With a fever you have to keep the child cool so it would make sense to me not to do the hot shower vapors right? What else can you recommend? I will be calling the doctor for an apt this morning.. Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try using a humidifer , it has work wonders for my 12 month old. We bought it when he was 6 months old and had a cold , we use it anytime he is congested.
    Draydensmom7708

Answer by Draydensmom7708 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Humidifier and baby vapor rub for their chest -there is also a plug in vapor deal I use for the room - tylenol should keep a fever down though - so tylenol or motrin every 4 to 8 hours depending on what you use - you want to make sure he /she doesn't shiver but keep them dressed lightly
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2009