has has eccomony effected you???

Answer Annon if you want to, I just am feeling very depressed and overwelhmed by my finacial situation. I am curious if I am alone?? Here is where I am at: I am married, SAHM and we have a nice house and made comfortable money. Now, hubby still has a job (thank godness) but his check is less than half is was, still working 12 hrs a day, 6 days a week. I have been looking for a job since Oct. (needs to atleast pay enought to cover day care or it isn't helpful), we got behind on every bill, intrest rates doubled, now we can't afford them at all. We filled chpt 13 to pay it back on a plan. but now behind on house. Could be homeless soon, bank accounts are in the red each week because the money runs out before next paycheck. My pantry is empty and my credit sucks. All in less than a year. WTF?? I had a 780 credit score, comfortable SAHM with a hubby who made good money. NOW what??? Anyone else this bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Things are rough for us right now too. My dh was unemployed for over a year, he has recently started working through a temp agency. The place they have sent him to now is talking of hiring him on. We are hoping and praying they do. We really need this! Two of our kids were having a hard time too, they both moved back home and had 7 kids between them!! They have both moved out now, but this really put us in a bind! When they were here, our gas and electric bills tripled, our water bill was $500 for 3 months, not to mention the grocery bills!! So now we are trying to play catch up on a temp job!! I know times are tough all over, we aren't the only ones suffering.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• not really, my husband and I were living off of VA benefits,
    once he could not find a job, he began using his gi bill. but i see it affectig other people all the time.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I know it must be difficult. I was earning $125 per week, tax free for watching one child. His dad decided to quit his job and take unemployment and college benefits so I lost out there but babysitting is good money. I'm thinking about watching another kid very soon. When you can find one your kid's age it really is easy. Since you have a house you might be able to watch more than one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• We've lost over 60% of our income over the past 2 years due to job hours cutbacks, changing pay scales, layoffs. We got smarter in how we spent our money, threw everything we could at our consumer debt, I learned to wiggle our food budget down to under $250 a month for 7 people, and we cut any unnecessary things we could. We're still tight as can be but we're surviving.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am sorry to hear about your issues. Luckily for me, my area has been largely untouched by the finacial state of the US at large. We have not seen much effect of the crisis as a household either. I guess we are blessed. I think part of our great luck is the fact that I started my business a few months prior to all this and that has allowed me to offer great services to people that need some more help, which has given my business a boost in a time when others are drowning...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am sorry you are going through financial issues.I hope it gets better.Thank god the economy has not affected me.My business is going fine and have money saved.Good luck though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2009