So I'm wondering...

Ok so this is my 3rd pregnancy. Well technically my 4th. ( Miscarried at 8 weeks between my 1st and 2nd) And I've been having the worst all day sickness ever. Like I've been sicker in the last 2 weeks than I was with the other 3 put together. But not only have I been sick I've been really crampy and spotting here and there. My doctor says that its normal and that I shouldn't worry to much about it as long as I'm not clotting. But I'm really starting to worry. This can not be normal to be this sick. I havent been able to keep anything down in days and everytime I stand up I get dizy. Im only 11 & 1/2 weeks and my boyfriend keeps saying that maybe this is gods way of telling us that we just arent ready. Which just worries me even more. Am I just being to much of a worry wort or should I maybe get another doctors opinion?

Kristle25

Asked by Kristle25 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some people are so sick they are in the hospital on IV's during most of their pregnancy. You can ALWAYS get a second opinion- but every pregnancy is different- most people think that morning sickness is a sign of a HEALTHY pregnancy. You have made it this far! hang in there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. And yes it is normal to be very sick during pregnancy. Several of my friends have spent the entire time they were pregnant on meds to keep food down.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Morning sickness is usually a sign that you are doing GOOD. It's caused by the increase in HCG. However, if you are having a difficult time keeping down liquids, they can give you medicine to help with it. Some women have to be hospitalized on an iv drip so they stay hydrated. As far as the bleeding, it could be completely normal. In any case there is nothing the doctors can do to help with it.. your body has to make all the decisions at this point! Usually by 11-12 weeks if something were wrong, it would have already been spotted by the doctors. Hang in there though, you sound like you are going to be just fine and everything is healthy. I wouldn't worry or stress too much, just try to keep down as much food as possible and remember that the first trimester doesn't last forever!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Like PPer said, some people get really sick and have to go to the hospital for IV fluids. I was one of those people and I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis gravidarum. I was so sick I couldn't eat anything and when I tried, before the food went down my throat I was throwing it up. I dehydrated a few times, I lost 35lbs in 6 weeks. It's really no fun but for me it went away around 12-13 weeks.

If you are that sick and your current doctor isn't doing anything for you, go see another doctor. There are medicines that can help ease some of the sickness so that you can atleast eat.
    Good luck, I hope you feel better!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2009