What are good stocking stuffers for a 20 month old?

I know it's early but money is limited so I want to do it little by little and look for the best deals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Holidays

• Paper bags with crumpled paper in them!!! Big matchbox type cars made of study plastic too. Soft huggable dolls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I liked to put in a piece of fruit, a jar of bubbles, a toothbrush, a jar of bubble bath, like that.

Answer by Bmat at 11:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• instead of candy tou can put packages of healthy snacks. like the gerber chewies, or yogurt balls. books, blocks, etc. i know you want to make it special, i do too, but i keep reminding myself that they will only remember the christmas and not the stuff untill they are a little older.
    strawncj

Answer by strawncj at 5:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Look at the dollar bins at Target. They always have cute cups and bowls, socks, stickers, little books. Cute and cheap.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm not sure if you have a boy or a girl, so I'll list things that would be good for both (be sure any item is toddler-safe): cars, dinosaurs, small dolls or stuffed animals, hair stuff, balls, books, bubbles, bathtub toys, cool socks or slippers, fun t-shirt, cool cups, toddler dishes or utensils, small toys with their favorite characters, coloring books & washable crayons, playdough, stickers, fruit snacks, animal crackers, small purse, plastic bracelets, small toys that are good to leave in the car, Christmas themed toys, washcloths that come in a small square and expand to full size when wet (found these w/ Elmo at Dollar Tree)... Pretty much anything you think your child might enjoy and you can afford will be great. I think a few things your child will really use are way better than a truck-load of junk. Another thought - 20 months might be a great time to throw in a book or DVD about using the potty.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my son will be 17 months at christmas. he will get cars (tonka makes cars for the under-3 crowd), an orange, some little people for his litle people sets, animal crackers and a DVD. and socks in the bottom to fill the stocking up.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009