Did you see the racially charged spat between Senator Boxer and Harry Alford?

Harry Alford is the President of the National Black Chamber of Commerce. He accused Boxer of being racial. I applaud this gentlemen! He is a true American!

Mr. Alford was interviewed by Bill O'Reilly last night.

Here is the video.
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2009/07/boxer-but-youre-black.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/16/black-executive-charges-sen-boxer-racial-condescension/

There are a lot of other links available by googling.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I watched last night. He really had her flustered.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Oh my gosh. I can't believe that he said that saying that creating jobs would help provide jobs to urban areas was condescending. It didn't matter what she said. He was going to call her a racist because that is the only thing he knows to say. It didn't matter if she was going to give him the world. He was going to call her a racist. And you guys think he is to be commended? Scary!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• He's the President of the National BLACK Chamber of Commerce and he's worried about the effect on minority (BLACK) businesses but she's the racist because she mentioned the NAACP? That makes so much sense.
    Anonymous

• Okay, I'm thinking your comment is satire, correct? The gentleman and true American statements are sarcasm, right? He brought up minority owned businesses and she then cited from other organizations that hold just as much stock in keeping small businesses and companies run by minorities growing and successful. How is that racially condescending? If someone was talking about a negative effect on fast food chains and Burger King was against those actions,why would I not cite the statments of other restaurants such as Wendy's and McDonald's if I had their support?
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 12:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• *statements
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 12:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Wow, did you guys watch the entire video?

She was basically telling him that other "blacks" were "towing the line" and something was wrong with him because he didn't.

One of the groups she was quoting was a group of 100 black men from Atlanta and the other was the NAACP. I would think that the Chamber of COMMERCE would know more about runn in small BUSINESS than the NAACP. Furthermore, the 2 groups she quoted had NOTHING to back up their statements, they were just that , statements saying they supported it. Additionally the 2 groups were not even invited to the hearing. If they knew so much and had something useful to bring to the table why weren't they invited?

The man is a hero for NOT TOWING THE LINE! Kudos to you sir!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I agree yourspecial.Yes I saw this the other day and posted it but i'm glad you have posted it again as apparently not all of the ladies caught it.I was actually lmao listening to him ream her arse.I am so sick of some dems like Boxer acting as if they own blacks and if any do not agree with them on all things they must be an uncle tom.BLECK
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yeah ! She's my representative. It was amazing to see how she could NOT understand what he was upset about.

He was there as a small businessman to oppose the legislation on the basis that it would harm American jobs. Yes, he was black. But mostly he was a businessman.

Right out of the gate, Boxer introduces opinions from various black organizations supporting the legislation. She intends these documents to refute his testimony about harm to jobs. BUT - the ONLY relation these documents had to his appearance before the committee was that they were FROM BLACK PEOPLE !! Nothing to do with WHAT HE WAS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT.

She was clueless that this was BLATANT racism !! If she wants to refute his testimony, she should introduce papers saying that jobs will be helped, NOT papers saying that other black groups like the bill !!
    Incredible. Boxer's so racist she can't see it even when she's called on it !
    Typical lib!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The plantation's are alive and well within the democratic party.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009