How do your kids carry their books to school? Backpack or rolling bag?

I've seen more and more kids with rolling bags. What do your kids use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in

• our school doesnt allow the rolling bags. Sometimes my dd likes to use a backpakc and sometimes a messnger bag.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Backpacks. The rolling bags are not good in winter. The last thing the school needs is kids dragging snow in on their bags. And the last thing I need is the same or the kids stuff getting wet from the snow.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My daughters use backpacks.
    They are in high school now and their 8 classes are split into A days and B days (4 classes each day) so they each have 2 backpacks for each day.
    Due to the heaviness of the books and the discomfort of carrying such a heavy load, I bought them their backpacks in the sporting goods department. The ones that hikers use are terrific and made for heavy weight, comfort, and longevity.
    All the schools they have attended over the years have never allowed roller backpacks, so you will want to check with your child's school.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Backpack.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Oh I hate those rolling bags! My kids carry backpacks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Backpack.. And thank you very much, I will now be singing that song from Dora the Explorer all afternoon! lol
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My daughter has a Jansport Bookbag that I paid like $40 for. It was the best investment I made. She went to kindergarten last year, first she had this chincy bookbag from K-Mart, broke in a week. I ordered her a Hardy Boyz bookbag for $25, she begged for this thing and she really takes care of her clothing and bookbags...well I think maybe a month later it rips! So I gave up and was like "UGH you will be using Jansport for the next 13 years damn it!"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• No rolling bags allowed here...so backpacks.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My 10 year old son has a rolling bag. He would hurt his back trying to carry a backpack. I would hurt my back to carry it as well. They give these kids here too much work to do and I should hope they don't expect them to have superhuman strength as well. My daughter has a backpack since she is in kindergarten, but when they hit third and fouth grade they need a rolling bag to carry all the books home for their homework.
    dddd2776

Answer by dddd2776 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My 8 yr old uses a backpack. He has picked out an heavy duty type non charactor backpack for this coming school yr.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009