Is this not a COMPLETELY Socialist statement?!

The president noted in an interview on NBC's "Today" show that "the House has put forward a surtax." And he repeated his feeling that wealthier Americans, "such as myself," should pitch in and help reinvent the system to spread coverage to those now without it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_health_care_overhaul

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 11:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Someone is having an "ego trip"?
    The more I read about Obama the less hope for our country.
    We are going to end up a bunch of unemployed people waiting in line for a piece of bread.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It is absolutely socialist! Everything that has happened since January 20 has had a socialist lean to it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Let him pay more if he wants.

Most people don't want to.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• He told Joe the plumber we need to spread the wealth so what did people expect??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• When did we become the United States of the taken care of? I just this minute heard a democratic strategist say that Americans deserve quality health care. Well, yes, but they don't deserve FREE to them but not to others health care. This was never about the quality of health care. It was always about getting a small part of the population to pay for the care of another part of the population. There was a time that no one had insurance. You always paid yourself for your own needs. The cost of health care sky rocketed when employers started offering insurance to intice the best and brightest to work for them. Suddenly insurance became an expected bennefit and the cost of care went up. All because companies tried a new idea to get people to work for them. We should be ashamed of ourselves for being opportunists!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Fine, then perhaps some of his celeb friends wouldn't mind giving up some of their doe to make sure ALL Americans have equal share. I highly doubt he'll be asking for them to give up their wealth to "spread it around" how will he ever afford to be re-elected??? Hmmm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• So istaxes a form of socialism to you Rylee? How do you propose our economic system would sustain itself without taxation?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I want to take care of my own family! I want to teach my kids to be charitable on their own!

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I hate to say this but IMO that statement leans even farther than Socialist by bordering on Communist. Pretty soon we will all be getting the same wages regardless of skill or job level. If this attitude continues there will be no such thing as the American Dream for future generations.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 11:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• SRiveroC

How do you purpose we feed our families when they decide they want 75% of our pay and the rifles we use to hunt with?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009