Breaking News!!! Healthcare billed scrubbed, can't get out of committee!

Just reported on Fox News (television). I couldn't find a link yet.

It seems the bill doesn't have enough support and will go back to the drawing board.

Is this a momentary reprieve or the death of it? Your thoughts.

BTW, I thought it was interesting since Obama was just saying "I want this done now!" I guess even the president doesn't always get his way....

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wrote both of my senators and my congressional representative to vote against any bill that gave the government power over our health care system and taxed citizens with health care to pay for the program. I am ecstatic!

way to go

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Woo Hoo. Hope it dies now as is predicted. That will pretty much be the end of Obama's reign if this dies too. He will be an ineffective pres now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Halleluya!!! I know I spelled it wrong but who cares? It didn't pass and with BO numbers going down it will likely not pass. Gonna do the snoopy dance now LOL!
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• They're finally seeing the LIGHT!!!!  and it's not coming from the WH!!  It's about time the majority of the people are being heard...

dancing

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think Obama's many leftist buddies over estimated their ability to screw the American people.

Such stupid tunnel vision from these folks.

Obama needs to stop surrounding himself with so many radical yes men.

Most Americans are moderate, and wouldn't you have thought he'd know that?

Nobody told him the way things really are, no matter what George Soros buys!

And dern, it took an election to read the writing on the damned wall!

Talk about rude awakenings!

Expensive for somebody.

George can afford it...............
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Well, appearently some one woke up! I wrote my congress rep and told him why he shouldn't sign that bill. I don't think my letter really did much but it beats me sitting around complaining and not doing anything at all. Now is the time to keep those who woke up awake to what else is going on.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Happy dance happy dance happy dance!

Not the end of it tho. Keep on em ladies, he's just gonna push it back again and again until the new congress seats!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'm so glad you ladies have something to be happy about cuz all the moaning was getting old. I'm a lib who is also happy to see this didn't pass - I saw the light on this issue. Good Lord did I just admit to agreeing with you all on something?? I think I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• They'll never give up. We have to just treat it like a career, to stay on top of it and not let up.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• clapping

Score one for the good guys!

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009