cover the pitcher

When you make tea or something in a glass pitcher with no lid do you cover it with saran wrap before putting it in the fridge?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know that I would ever buy a pitcher that didn't have some sort of lid. I'm notorious for being a clutz and I know I would end up slopping tea or whatever all over the place. But if I did, I probably wouldn't put saran wrap over it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I always do. I think that the liquid can absorb smells from the fridge, and can cause it to taste funny. That and I'm a super clutz so I need all the help I can get!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• No but I need to! Somehow my lids always go missing or they get cracked and then don't fit right. The liquid does asorb the smells. I used to wonder why my kool aid would start to taste funny when I was little, now I know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I don't, and it still tastes fine. It's never really in the fridge for more than a day and a half, we drink a lot.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Nope and it tastes fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I do, partly because of the smell thing, and partly because I have a self-defrosting refrigerator/freezer and the directions said to be sure to cover everything because the defrost feature would cause the item to lose liquid. Then there is the problem with spills. For me, if it can spill, it will.

Answer by Bmat at 12:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I never place any open containers in the fridge for two reasons: 1) For fear of spillage, and; 2) The open container allows the contents inside to absorb any odors in the fridge.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2009