add on question for lifting my spirits up.

because i can not fine any one to watch our two children. he says he will do somthing with all of us when he get back home. we have been fighting about this for the last 2wk's. him and i never do any thing to geather because of moeny to get a sitter . i can not go out by myself because he thinks i will do somthing. i have never did and would not think of it. he says he does not trust the other person. i have already tried to go out but he done somthing to my truck so i could not leave. he tells me i am home all day and i do not have to work like he does. he says he needs this time for himself. is he right. i would just like to have some time for myself and for him to start to act like he has a family. he was married once before and the things that i am talking about he done the same thing in that marriage. i do not have any family to go to and no money to leave. let me see the bright side of this. it's like he controls me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you not have many family or money because your family does not know about this, no matter where they live? What would they do if they did know, would they help you? If so then call them. If you are afraid of him then if you have a joint checking account take money from it regardless of bills, get in that truck and leave. Someone some where can help you.

Do you have a minister, a priest? Ask your church office for help for you to leave him. Don't stay and live through worse things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If he's keeping you home by disabling the truck, you are being controlled. Sorry, but that's the truth. You need to leave or have him get counseling, again Sorry. But the "he doesn't trust the other people" is a load of crap. Unless you were going out with a specific friend and he doesn't like that friend. I won't say the rest is emotional abuse (though I suspect it is) because I don't know the full situation. One of my DH's friends wouldn't let his wife go out without him, because she was a recovering alcoholic and he was worried that she would be tempted to drink. But if its nothing like that, then its abuse. There are hot lines you can call and they will help you. That is about the "brightest" side I can see. I guess you could be happy that he's working and comes home to you, if you really need a positive.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• controlling behavoir = abusive
    call your local abusive center and talk to a professional
    knowledge is power
    power is the first step to making your own decisions about your life and your childrens life

good luck
    and call
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• you need to talk to your family and divorce this scumbag
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2009