What do you send your toddler to camp/school with for lunch?

I am having a little bit of trouble coming up with things to send my three yr old to camp with. Shes a picky eater but I will try anything once for most part. I feel bad sending her everyday with bologne or ham or turkey sandwich with cheese. Any suggestions?

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does it have to be a bagged lunch? Meaning, all of it disposable? My 4YO goes to preschool 2x per week during the summer, one day is a regular in school day so I can send in her lunch box...she's not a huge sandwich fan, other than jelly, so I usually put something hot in a thermos...soup, chicken nuggets, pasta. She loves cold pizza too, I send that sometimes. She also gets a juice box and I usually pack fresh fruit too. The other day is a field trip day, so she needs a bagged lunch (disposable), those days she gets a juice box, jelly sandwich, fresh fruit and pretzels or something like that.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My 2YO also goes, he doesn't have field trips though, and in his class they will heat food for him, so he'll often get chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, pasta... he also loves pasta salad. He also usually gets fruit or apple sauce or yogurt and a juice cup.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• sum teachers heat stuff@ the camp but my daughters of course wont she complains we dont even have a working copier i cant go runnin heating food up...whatever lol...they didnt say it has to be disposible but u have to send in lunchbox...my kids eats room temp hotdogs i sent that one day just to change it up...idk wat else to send besides sandwiches n fruit or jello n juce box. u no the norm.
    MamaOf3Girls09

Answer by MamaOf3Girls09 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009