I want to know if anyone has had placenta abruption?

I have placenta abruption and from what I am being told it is very bad. I have a 2 1/2 inch tear! Will I be able to deliver a baby or am I going to loose her. I am only 16 weeks.

3beutigrls

Asked by 3beutigrls at 11:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try to relax and get all the info you can
    sounds like you have to listen to doc orders

at 15 weeks i was told placenta previa
    mine different, but was told i would most likely lose the pregnancy
    and could have to have hysterectomy

we celebrated my daughter's 2nd birthday yesterday
    so you can have a healthy baby

you must take it easy, and do everything the docs and nurse say

my sil had a placenta that was tearing off, she had bleeding, complete bed rest, if she coughed she would bleed, if she walked she would bleed, it was very grave...her daughter is 19 years old and made high honors

try to stay positive be prepared for bed rest, be prepared for a different birth plan stay focused on the end result...a beautiful baby

you can do it
    i will be thinking of you god bless you and god bless a thousand times your baby

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• One of my good friends had this happen, but they didn't catch it early like with you. She ended up losing her baby at almost full term (about 30 days off her due date) Just do some research and talk to your doctor.. and LISTEN.. if they say bed rest and nothing more.. then follow orders!

I hope for the best for you!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009