This is a really dumb ?.... so feel free to bash

Why is it that people want to blame vaccines, for autism or babies not being the same....how many of you on here have had a vaccine? how many of you are normal and fine and healthy.....i have a 2 year old, he never got sick or anything when he had his vaccines....im due in 24 days, and i plan on him getting vaccines....

things happen....and its sad when it happens to your kids, but it could be worse....autism isnt the end of the world.....your child getting sick isnt the end of the world....my brother has epilepsy....he had before the vaccines and after....hes had strokes, brain biopsies and he looks at life and doesnt blame anyone, he isnt mad at god or the doctors for not being able to fix him, hes glad to be alive.....my mom never once blamed the doctors or god or anyone....shit just happens....its life, you either learn to live with it and cope, or be miserable and angry and never get anywhere....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am the mother of a child with Autism. Autism is such a big broad spectrum and I do belive that there could be many different causes for Autism. I know some moms belive that immunizations caused their childs Autism or they noticed significant change in their child after immunizations.
    As for my son's Autism I do not belive the immunizations caused it I think he was born with it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's not a matter of placing blame as much as it is people wanting to be able to make educated choices at least for me any way. Do not tell me what I can and cannot do with my children medically. Let me do the research and make my own decision on which chance I want to take. My son almost died (doctor reported it to VAERS and everything and then recommended no more vaccines for him) from the DTaP and so I did more research and made the decision not to give him anymore and not to give my other children any. Do not bash me for making that decision is all I ask and do your research before vaccinating your own. Bad things can and do happen from the vaccines and each family has to make a choice that is right for THEM and no one else!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think people are just desperate for answers. Rather than accepting what has happened they want their *normal* child (who was probably never destined to be normal) back and will blame anyone they can. It's wrong, but it's just part of their grief, I think. Then than are determined to "not let it happen to anyone else" even though a lot of theset hings cannot be prevented. I agreree wtih you. shit happens. deal with it. don't hide behind blame. You will spend your entire life miserable if you do.

There are so many things that can go wrong. car accidents, sids, cancer. you can't prevent it all and you can't blame everything for it. Why focus on vaccines when there's soo much more out there worth your attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• People blame vaccines sometimes because they are uninformed.

But that's not always the case. Sometimes they blame the vaccines because they ARE to blame. There is an entire fund set up for people who have been harmed by vaccines. There is a LOT of problems about the new gardasil vaccine. My daughters will not be getting that until they improve it significantly.

One of my daugthers started with a fever about 4 hours after she had her immunization (not unusual). She continued to get sicker and sicker. The next morning she still had the fever and began vomiting. I called the health department and they were baffled and suggested that maybe she had a stomach virus. I have 7 kids. The nurse and I both agreed that IF this was a stomach virus at least one of my other children would get it. If they didn't, then we would both assume it was the vaccine and that we shouldn't get her vaccinated for that again.
    MomP31

Answer by MomP31 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• There is a huge difference between vaccine reactions (injuries due to vaccines, allergies to them, etc) and blaming a vaccine (or vaccines) on Autism.

The former is a direct cause (causation)...the latter, there is no causation. People just don't want to accept the fact that it just happens. They have to have something to blame, someone to blame, etc.
    Anonymous

• Because they read a website and now they're smarter than doctors. Doctors, btw, are all in the pocket of the pharmaceutical companies.

The website they read said so.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Well, as far as I know, there is no proof that vaccines can cause autism, but ALSO there is still no proof that it DOES NOT cause it, sometimes.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009