How do you incorporate TOMATOES into your toddlers diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son loves tomato soup and juice, he loves to eat pasta with a chunky sauce....but i guess hes weird cause i hate tomato juice and a chunky sauce....but he and my hubby love it so i make it for them
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My son likes salsa...also I make meatloaf with v-8 juice. Spaghetti, Chili, and so forth..
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I did very early on. I found this little net that you put food in and the baby would crew on the net and get small bits of the food out of the wholes. I think Muchkin made it. It was great, I would put so many fruits and vegtables in it. Just had to be careful not to let seeds get in there. After that DD loves to eat tomatoes just cut up and she has them often seeing we grow our own.
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 11:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would skin and chop them for finger food. Be careful to wash the face though if they eat a tomato sauce or something as some kids get irritation around the mouth from it. :) Not a problem, just red.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Pizza. My son, when he was cutting teeth, loved pizza crust. He would chew on it till it was soggy but once he got used to the crust I would put pizza sauce on it, butter, etc. He loves pizza.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I pick them from the garden, wash them off, cut them up and he dives right in.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I offer foods with tomatoes in them and let her decide if she wants to try them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2009