I miss him....

Can you ever truly get over someone you loved?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I did and now I'm happily married.

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am stugggling right now too. I'm constantly thinking bout him. My friends tell me only time will help. I try to get my mind off of him. it's hard. I wish you luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It is hard, I can't get him off my mind either, no matter how hard I try, he's constantly in my thoughts. It's not like I don't want him off my mind either, I would give anything I own to have him off my mind for good, I cried and prayed last night for God to help me through this. I just want to either be with him or over him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If you truely loved someone, than no i believe you cant ever get over him. I'm an Army Wife, and i believe if my husband was ever KIA, then i would never get over him. I may never have a love like his again but i would hope i would fall in some kind of love again.

I dont know your situation but i hope you are ok. If you dont want to think about him or your situation, i would try to stay as busy as possible.
    AirborneBratMom

Answer by AirborneBratMom at 11:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• That's what I'm attempting to do, even getting a second job to keep myself busy. I didn't know something could hurt so bad for so long. If I hear a sad song or see a movie with romance in it, it's like someone literally has kicked the wind out of me. I try to avoid stuff like that but I love music and can't avoid all tv, but maybe that's what I should do. I know there are people who go through this everyday, I just don't see how people can handle it....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• time is the only cure
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• destract ur self as much as possiable make ur life hetic this was the only way i got over the ones i "trueley" loved time will heal the pain and remeber the happy thing about him.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yes. It just takes time.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i think you get over it, but i dont think you ever stop loving them or having love for them....i am madly in love with my husband and the bf i had b4 him i still love, but im not in love with him....he still has love for his x and it doesnt bother me....becuase he told her flat out i will always have love for you but im not in love with you....and i know what he is saying so it doesnt bother me
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• why would you want to? Remembering the greatness of love isn't a bad thing. Embrace it and know that you had something once that many never find. It's all good

Answer by admckenzie at 12:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009