Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What amount is considered minor/major for house repairs?

We have an agreement with our landlord to pay a reduced rent in exchange for being responsible for minor repairs to the house. We are trying to decide what is a fair amount to be considered minor/major.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

Answers (2)
  • I would think if it requires an outside person to come in - plumber, electrician, etc., then it is major.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • When we did that years ago we told him we would pay the first $100. I would think it is up to your landlord and what he will accept. I would think minor is fixing the toilet or dripping sink. Maybe repairing a small piece of fence etc.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.