Feeding.

I starting feeding my daughter baby food. I started with sweet potatoe's. And after a few days she started having a really bad rash on her butt. So I thought it was either from the food or the heat cause its been real hott lately. So my question is should I try the sweet potatoes again!?!? Or could it be a reaction to the food. Thanks!!

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told to wait 4 days between new foods when starting solids. If you suspect the rash is from the sweet potatoes then I would stop feeding them to her and wait a couple more weeks before trying that vege again. After you stop using the Sweet Potatoes to rule them out and the rash is still there a couple days later and its not diaper rash, I would consult your doctor.
    mommy2Brycen

Answer by mommy2Brycen at 11:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Wait 4 days between new foods. Try some other food and when the rash is gone, try the sweet potato again. If the rash comes back, it's probably the sweet potato.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009