Has anyone used the birthing ball in the 3rd trimester to just sit on?

I was thinking of buying a birthing ball, aka an exercise ball, to take to work to sit on instead of my chair (I sit all day at a computer). The nurse at baby class last night had us sit on them and said they are great for releaving lower back pain because they are easy on the spine. I know women use them during labor, but is it alright to start using it now just to sit on? I'm 30 weeks.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes
    it was pretty comfy
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I didn't but a girl in our Bradly class did and she said it was so comfortable
    dreamercat1

Answer by dreamercat1 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I used one and plan to buy another soon. I back is just starting to hurt and I'm just starting to get in comfortable positions.
    prettyinpink2

Answer by prettyinpink2 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yes. i sat on mine at home all the time. it is very comfy
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 6:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009