How many kindergarten mommies are here at CM?

Do you have a child entering kindergarten this year?

How are you preparing your child and what does your child think about going?

My children are all older now, but I still remember their first days in kindergarten back in 1994, 1996, and 1999. My girls were all so very excited and I kept the whole event upbeat for them so they wouldn't be afraid. Being in Head Start really helped my younger two daughters just ease right into the whole thing. My oldest was a social butterfly, though, so made the achievement naturally.

Take lots of pictures and treasure these days forever. ♥

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 11:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2009 in

• my daughter is going to kindergarten and she was in preschool for 2 yrs before so she is really excited about it. she will be in all day and she is also a social butterfly and she makes friends really easy and she is so nice to everyone and always concerned about their feelings. its so cute
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 12:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My oldest turned 5 in March so this is Kindergarten year for him.
    However, he will be homeschooled rather than attend public schools.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• That is wonderful! I really wished I could have homeschooled my children and given them some greater opportunities. Happy School Days to your 5-year-old son!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My oldest is going to kindergarten, i'm excited and scared all at the same time. I'm going to miss my baby/big girl. She can't wait to go, she very excited. I have to keep reminding her thats its not the same a daycare. So I have been ding adding and subtracting flash cards with her. Refreshing on her counting and knowing the shape skills too. I am really nervous about putting her on the school bus. Ughhhh, but theres no other way. She is very smart so i know this is going to be great for her. Plus it helps me a little to know the school system is # 2 in our state. Yes ,,,,,,there will be LOTS of pictures.

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My youngest is starting kindergarten this year Im excited he is not!! He doesnt like change and this is going to be a big change for him
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 4:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have one starting kindergarten and she is excited. She is little miss independent. I will have one in 10th, 7th, 1st, K and one left at home.
    dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My son will be 5 on Aug. 30 and will start Kindergarten on Aug. 10. I'm a little worried but I know he can repeat it if he needs to. Actually I kind of expect it. He is imature but very clever. I know academically he is prepared but socially he will need help. We are working with his Ped. to get him ready. He also attended a 5 day a week pre-k program last yeear that introduced him to a class room setting.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Our youngest is starting this yr. He has 2 older brothers that will be helping him along the way. He's terribly shy and told me that he doesn't need school. His screening went awesome, is above average in everything, thankfully... He just doesn't like to stand out in a crowd. He has yet to dress up for Halloween because he doesn't want to attract attention to himself. I don't mind, I just let it go and not make a big deal out of anything. But inside I hurt for him, I was exactly like that as a child so I know what he's feeling... Anyway it's bittersweet, I will have the day to myself with all 3 in school now but my baby isn't a baby anymore......
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009