Ugh, Labor maybe not, looking for advise.

Ty for all who have helped give me advise to the questions I have asked, I do hope im not being anoying. My contractions started at about 2 am, and continued all night till about 9 am this morning, they were not extremely painful, but were still painful and took my breathe away, needless to say I didnt get any sleep. It feel like they have somewhat gone away, or are not painful and im not feeling them, but this morning, went i went to the bathroom, one thing I have been waiting for happened, I think I had bloody show, mucos that was pink, tmi sry. So Im wondering if this means I might go soon, I know im not going to rush off to to the hospital, but I want to lol. But I do know, that when the contractions started i was laying down, and moving around made them worse, even walking around and eating didnt make them go away. This part is so confusing, and any advise would be greatly appricated. ty

blueeyes_1818

Asked by blueeyes_1818 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What you need to do with your contractions is keep track of how long they last and how far apart they are. Like this 11:00-11:05, 11:07-11:12, 11:14-11:19. That would mean they are lasting for 5 minutes and are 2 minutes apart. That will help you when your nurse or doctor asks how far apart they are, how long are they lasting, from 1-10 on a pain scale how strong are they.

Since they lasted all night that is good for you. Drink lots of water starting now. Bloody show is a good indicator as well. If you are close to your due date I would call the nurse on call at your doctor's office and explain what's going on, get their opinion. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Oh and by the way, you're not bothering us. That's why we are here.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lilbit is right, op. that is exactly the way to write contractions. It's super important to time. Breathe out loooooong breaths as soon as contractions hit. If you run out breath in a contraction that's ok it will happen. Just take a breath and breathe out lonnnnng and slow and concentrate only on breathing not on the pain. Hear your breath breathe out and feel that long breathe be taken in to breathe out looooong and slow. Best wishes for you new mommy. Baby's almost here. Prayers for comfort and goodness.
    Anonymous