• In the Spotlight:

Homemade baby food. any suggestions??

I want to start cooking food an home for my baby. But im not sure i know how to make it. Please give me tips and suggestion, maybe even a recipe. and what tools ima need. what kind of food to buy......anything that comes to your mind would be helpful.

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• wholesomebabyfood.com

I use a food processor, and my pots and pans. We only did purees for a few weeks though. Sweet potato and brown rice cereal. And Pureed Quinoa. Then table food.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Good for you!! It is so easy and seriously don't make it harder than it is LOL . Idk how old your baby your baby is, but we started food at 4 months...we just bought frozen or fress veggies and fresh fruits boil them in water for a bit (each food will vary) just so they are soft enough to process. Then spoon them into ice cube trays and freeze (this will allow you to make more food at once wo wasting it) use with in 1 -2 months, you can put the food cubes into separate bags when they are frozen. Just don't make more than you know he will eat!! we gave one cube for a few weeks...but after a while it was 2 cubes, it just depends on how much your baby eats! Then when he was about 6 mon we started table foods in the processor just don't add the spices to his food ;)
    livin4jc

Answer by livin4jc at 2:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009