7m old DD gets bored really quickly any ideas on what we can do?

She has a rolling lighting learning ball, excersaucer, stuffed animals and other learning toys that keep her interested for like 10-15min, then she starts crying wanting some physical interaction. Mommy cant play all day after work because I have cooking cleaning and everything else around the house to do.

Jones38083

Asked by Jones38083 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried putting her in a snugglie so you can hold her and do your other stuff? That sounds like why she is crying she hasn't seen you all day and she needs the interaction.
    Mudfishzgirl

Answer by Mudfishzgirl at 4:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• If you're busy in the kitchen, put her in her high chair & let her play with some toys. Wooden or plastic spoons are great toys! Do you have a jumperoo? That could keep her busy for a while. Also, pop in a Baby Einstein DVD... the animals, shapes & music kept my son's attention for quite a while when he was a baby & he still loves them!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• As long as you are spending time with your daughter, I won't worry about the fussiness. I would go and play with my daughter every time she made noises. I spoiled my daughter. (Which is unusual for me) Anywho, she is almost a year and I regret it. My sister had twins and I remember a while ago, I was over her house, I don't remember what she was doing, and one of them started fussing. I said, "don't you want to get her?" And she said, I have twins, I can't always be with both of them. You get used to the crying. (Which is weird for her) So we kinda swapped roles, and I envy her. I can barely clean my house because of my baby (or my other kids) And her house is so clean and she has four kids! So I've gotten used to the crying, and it lessens each time. I say, a little crying never hurt. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My 8 month old is the same way. Its starting to get really annoying, and I get migraines so leaving her to fuss ends up hurting me but I cant get anything done around the house. This is sad but I am about to put her toys in her room to play and get a video moniter because as long as I am not there she is actaully ok
    model4u

Answer by model4u at 6:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• they are made this way. They need experience and interaction like they need food or sleep. The best way would be to tie her to you (www.mamatoto.org)and go around your business as usual.. they love being close to mommy and watching everything you do. YOU'll have your both hands free and she will be a happier baby.
    GOd bless,
    Tanya.
    go_romanovs

Answer by go_romanovs at 8:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• and no, you won't spoil her this way. FOr a fruit to spoil you LEAVE the fruit alone for a couple of days :)) Babies benefit tremendously from being worn in a sling. Sadly, they do grow out of it. It's a very short period of your and your child's lives that she is so dependent on you. Enjoy it because before long you will wish you did but it will be too late.
    God bless,
    Tanya
    go_romanovs

Answer by go_romanovs at 8:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2008