I have a theif, he is going into my garden and stealing my cucumbers, tomatos, Corn and now my poor pumpkin is gone-

Its my neghbors dog, and I have asked her to keep him out of my yard or on a leash a HUNDRED times- My dogs are leashed and NEVER get in there yard.
She laughs and walks away-
Just a few minutes ago she came to me inraged because last night she had to take her dog to the vet and have an emergancy opperation to get a corn cob removed from her dogs intestins...
SHE DEMANDED I PAY HALF THE BILL, seeing as how it was from my garden!!
I told her this was not my responsiblity, my garden is in my yard and your dog shouldnt have been eating from it.
she says she is going to sue me now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think she has a case. If you have asked her before to keep her dog on a leash, then it's her fault if she knew he gets into your garden. I'm sorry! Good luck with this one though. Do you have a sturdy fence or how does he get in?
    Anonymous

• hahaha And the judge will laugh in her face 2!!!!
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Hmm.... dog enters your property without your permission, steals from your garden, and gets sick..... I cannot see how that is your fault.

She should pay better attention to her animal. The fact that it's coming in and stealing food seems to imply it's not being FED at home.

But yes, I'd have a much stronger fence and I'd tell her I'll pay half the vet bill when you pay for half my new fence AND for half the damage to my garden.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• No fence- My dogs are on the electric fence thing- they don't cross into her yard, AND there on a pull leash because her dog had ran into my yard trying to "play" with my dogs..
    Keep in mind she has a 100 lb lab/pit mix, and my dogs weight 7 lbs, and 14 lbs-
    Anonymous

• I was going to say the same thing a pp said! Tell her to pay half the cost of putting up a fence!
    Anonymous

• Her dog is her responsibility she can not allow her dog to enter your yard fence or not! Tell her to take it to court! Its not like you sat there and fed the dog the corn! How can she even prove it was from your garden? It could have been out of the trash!

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 12:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Tell her to go ahead an sue! She's just going to waste more of her own money on legal fees. She'd never win that case in a million years. What's her argument? You shouldn't be using your own property to grow vegetables? Please, you paid for your home and your property just like she did. You can do whatever you want on it. If she didn't want a garden in YOUR yard she should have bought YOUR house!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I don't think she can sue you, in my state we have i leash law. If yours does too, then she can get in trouble for it, not you.....good luck to her huh?!!!! Some people really are ridiculous, i'm sorry your neighbor's such as arse!!!!

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Right. And I should pay for stitches if a robber cuts himself breaking into my window. What a dumbass. Hopefully she realizes no one will take her case.... Well maybe one of those dramatic court shows will. Lol. That'll teach her to keep her dogs to herself.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• One question: Do you have a leash law where you live? If you do, she has no case. She should have had her dog on the leash, period.
    Anonymous