I take exception to this!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_en_mo/eu_britain_potter_actor

The judge's last statement rubbed me wrong. I don't smoke marijuana, never have, but does doing so in some way make a person of weak, or bad character?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 12:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, it does.
    Anonymous

• Well he wasn't just having a leisurely smoke, he was growing it!
    Anonymous

• By the amount he was growing it for personal use, not for distribution.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• How so, anon #1?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Besides that fact that it's illegal lol.
    benjamink

• I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, but unfortunately since what he did was illegal, yes, it was bad character.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Okay, so besides the fact it is illegal. No, I dont think someone who smokes pot is weak or has bad character.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think pot should be legalized and taxed just like cigarettes and alcohol. I don't think it's in any way, shape, or form worse than alcohol as long as it's regulated just the same.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I don't come down one way or the other on the legalization argument. Like I said, I never smoked it, or cigarettes, or drank for that matter, but I know people who do and don't think they're horrible people because of it. I just don't agree that a person should be deemed "bad" for growing and smoking their own marijuana. What if he was also a person who gave to charities and volunteered at animal shelters and hugged old people and babies? Would he still be of bad character?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If it's bad character because it's illegal I guess everyone who's ever sped has bad character too. I would question his judgement, but not his character based on growing pot.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009