What do you think about partial birth abortions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is murder. There is no medical reason for it, ever. If a woman is so fragile health wise that carrying the baby past the second trimester is impossible then do a c-section and give the baby a chance to live or if it is going to die to die in peace.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• honestly it doesn't bother me. i wouldn't do it, but i wouldn't stop anyone else from doing it, that's their choice.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have a problem with it, especially if it's not for medical reasons
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I can't think of a single reason why one would ever be necessary.
    Anonymous

• Sickening.
    Anonymous

• It is highly unethical save for a few rare scenarios.

I argue for the personhood of the fetus (especially if it is to the gestation where it would need a D&X) and that it needs to be put into balance with the needs of its host, not one triumphing over the other.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• There are reasons to do it. I know someone who did. I think making it a political issue is manipulative and insensitive. When you are carrying a baby with no brain no one has the right to tell you how you should handle it. Even though they are less than 1% of all abortions performed conservatives use this rare procedure to push an agenda. Before anyone spouts their mouth off about it they should listen to the story of someone who's gone through it.

Anonymous

• I don't really think this is being used in the case of any healthy unborn babies. The case of the health of the mother is a moot point by the time this would be performed, she has already carried the baby to tem and partially delivered the baby. This is only used in an uncountably small fraction of cases where the baby *might* be born alive, but would be so horrifyingly disabled that a short life of agony would be all that a live birth would produce. In a case like that, I think it should be the parent's choice, but if it were my own case, I would want to deliver the baby--the doctors just might be wrong, sometimes they are.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Hideous. Contrary to popular belief, not all doctor's find this "medically necessary". http://www.aaplog.org/currentissues.aspx
    MomP31

Answer by MomP31 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• disgusting
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009